Posted by Bert de Weerd and Tingmui Li, Google Play
When Google Play launched in 2008, it was simple for builders to get observed with only some hundred apps and video games stay on the Play Retailer. Quick ahead to right this moment, there are actually tens of millions of apps and video games out there to audiences in over 190 nations. The distinctive property you present to the Retailer – pictures, video, descriptions, even your app title itself – are important to customers making a call on what to obtain.
Google Play is more and more exhibiting extra of your property entrance and heart, surfacing graphic property and descriptions proper on Apps and Video games dwelling. To make sure that your retailer itemizing property will help customers anticipate your in-app or in-game expertise and drive significant downloads, we’re:
- Pre-announcing a coverage change for app metadata
- Introducing new pointers on Retailer itemizing preview property
1. Pre-announce coverage change for app metadata
Since your app title, icon, and developer title are a very powerful discovery parts in your retailer itemizing web page, we’re getting ready to launch a brand new set of insurance policies to maintain these parts recognizable and distinctive, specializing in:
- Limiting the size of app titles to 30 characters
- Prohibiting key phrases that suggest retailer efficiency, promotion within the icon, title and developer title
- Eliminating graphic parts that will mislead customers within the app icon
App title, icon and developer title that don’t meet the upcoming insurance policies is not going to be allowed on Google Play. You’ll be able to anticipate extra particulars about this coverage change, together with enforcement begin dates, later this 12 months.
We suggest reviewing the examples of do and don’t beneath and desirous about how these adjustments could influence you, so you may get prepared for the upcoming coverage adjustments.
Retailer efficiency or rank:
Worth and promotional data:
Play packages and graphic parts that mislead customers:
Emoticons & repeated or sequential particular characters and or punctuations:
2. New pointers for Retailer itemizing preview property
We’re additionally asserting new retailer itemizing preview asset pointers for the characteristic graphics, screenshots, movies, and quick descriptions you provide to showcase your app’s options and performance. Belongings that don’t meet our pointers could also be ineligible for promotion and advice on main Google Play surfaces like Apps and Video games dwelling.
The brand new guideline for developer equipped property deal with the next rules:
- Do the preview property precisely characterize the app or recreation?
- Do the preview property present sufficient data to assist customers resolve whether or not to put in?
- Are the preview property freed from buzzwords like “free” or “greatest” and as a substitute deal with offering significant details about the distinctive elements of your app or recreation?
- Are the preview property localized accurately and simple to learn?
To make sure that your apps and video games are eligible for suggestions on all surfaces on Google Play, please assessment our new store listing guidelines. We’ll begin utilizing these pointers to tell our suggestions beginning within the second half of 2021.
We hope you discovered each the coverage pre-announcement and preview asset guideline announcement helpful as you propose your roadmap for the 12 months, and we hope you share in our pleasure for a extra helpful and interesting Play Retailer.