Credit score: Ryan-Thomas Shaw / Android Authority
Setting your display timeout is a simple method to tame pointless battery usage in your Android cellphone. Set it too low, although, and also you’ll be switching in your display extra usually than you’ll want. It’s a troublesome alternative figuring out how lengthy your smartphone display ought to keep lit earlier than it switches off.
In this poll, we wished to know what Android Authority readers selected for his or her display timeout interval. Right here’s what you instructed us.
How lengthy is your display timeout set for?
We gave readers seven widespread choices starting from 15 seconds to greater than 10 minutes, and simply wanting 2,900 votes have been tallied throughout the board. Curiously, there’s nobody clear winner.
The choice that acquired the lion’s share of help garnered simply 130 extra votes than its closest competitor. A display timeout of 30 seconds is favored by 26.6% of the voters. A minute interval is the popular alternative of 24.2% of readers, too.
Readers’ votes additionally skewed in direction of shorter timeouts, with 15 seconds the favored alternative of 10.4% of the voters. Total although, greater than 67% of readers go for a display timeout between 30 seconds and two minutes. This in comparison with simply 6.4% of readers setting their display timeout to greater than 10 minutes.
Right here’s what you needed to say
- HelloThere: One minute. Sufficient time so it doesn’t flip off whereas I’m studying, however sufficient so then it turns off after I by chance go away it on.
- Kristopher Hawkins: Obtained mine set at 30 seconds, however generally it’s obtained to be modified. Ever tried following a recipe off a cellphone that turns off after 30 seconds? It’s not enjoyable!
- jackson ombati: I feel any cellphone display timeout setting above 30 seconds is a possible safety danger.
- Major Sceptic: I’ve my telephones set on one minute display outing 99% of the time, however have the time to
auto lock set at 10 minutes as I’m a house physique.
- 2Star Hoodlum: One of many first issues I do is ready it to by no means. Why would you allow it on? Faucet the ability button or double faucet the display to sleep or wake when wanted.
- Fredrik Seglem: “Hold display on whereas viewing” or sensible keep has been a characteristic for years. So 15 sec for me.
- Bojan Tomic: I hold it at 30 seconds, however generally that’s a bit too quick, whereas 1 minute is simply too lengthy. I want there was a forty five seconds choice.
That’s it for this ballot. Thanks to your votes and feedback. If in case you have any additional feedback about your display timeout setting or the outcomes of this ballot, you’ll want to drop them down beneath.